Thursday, May 1, 2014

Future Pharmacists

I woke up this morning with a realization. I have nothing to do.

What? Where did time go?

We just took our last exam of P1 year yesterday morning. I'm a quarter of the way done to becoming Dr. Keller, halfway through school and I swear to you that I still order things off the children's menu at restaurants {Outback has the best mac n' cheese}. 

This realization, although a welcome break, threw me a little. Why?

 Maybe nostalgic would be a better word choice.

Looking back on this year I can without a doubt say I would never want to do it again. Ever. It was hard. I got 20 hours of sleep over a period of 6 days  mostly broken into 15 minute naps followed by a 2 hour crash. Check the alarms on my phone- I think I actually have one every 15 minutes.

But taking a moment to look past the late and sleepless nights, I can without a doubt say that I was happy.

I was happy because of the people that survived hell with me. I didn't know anyone going into pharmacy school and you'd think for a girl that goes to a college that has 1 other Perrysburg student that it wouldn't be a problem. It was actually terrifying.

Ready for the cliché line? I'm now lucky enough to say that some of those classmates are some of my best friends.

We had high points, low points, laughter, tears, a little pain, a lot more laughter and probably a little loss of sanity. But it was all worth it and all manageable because we had each other. I know personally that there were times I didn't think I was cut out for this, times when I thought I'd made a terrible mistake and that maybe I should have lived  out my kindergarten dream of being a teacher. And then I'd hear my phone go off and see a text from someone that said something along the lines of, "What the hell are we actually learning?" "I'm going to fail," or my personal favorite "So anyone want to become a stripper with me because that's my life plan once I drop out." It was little things that kept me sane and in line. If everyone else could struggle through it, then so could I. Sleep deprivation didn't seem so bad when I knew everyone else was up too. Chick-fil-a breakfast anyone?

There were times I think the only reason we all went to class was to see each other. That and to laugh at everyone from the night before.

Alright I'll wrap up the sappiness.

Congrats y'all, we survived. Can't wait to hang out all the time this summer {I will be living at your pool}. Oh and see you at dinner in an hour.




No comments:

Post a Comment